Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year Bash

And with a lot of ho halla, another year closed. Nothing extraordinary. Its the same every year. We end every year with a nostalgia and begin the new one with a hope. The same hope.Maybe such things are only meant to give us "days of hope" in our yearly calendar.Maybe that what we celebrate year New Year, each b'day, each anniversary.
And then there are those "New year Resolutions" or should I say, "Days of Hope" Resolutions. I never made any, except that I wont make any. Coz by the end of the year, not only has one forgotten to keep the resolutions, but also forgotten what those promises were, in the first place.So this year, that was the only thing, "different" I did. I made resolution of making resolutions and trying to keep up with them, i wrote them down, lest I should forget.
So here they go:
I will not be lazy
I will try and be more proactive
I will read more books
I will try and be more organised and keep my surroundings more organised.
I will judge less
Will do lesser of day dreaming and not while away my time
I will try and keep in touch with all the people who want to be in touch , with me , and with whom i want to be in touch. In other words, i will be more outgoing.

But what's with these resolutions I asked myself? I am trying to become a better person. But who is the real me. The one who has all these shortcomings, or the one who has overcome all those. Or is it someone in the present continous tense of "trying to overcome" these shortcomings. Am I a shadow of myself, evolving, in form, as the years overhead, move from dawn to twilight. Does it mean, when i am done evolving, I will be me, without my shadow?
The the length of the list of resolutions a way of telling me, how closer i am to myself. Will i ever reach that perfection? Is that the idea of Heaven?
I'l hopefully know some day, till then, Happy "days of hoping" to me.

No comments: