Thursday, November 20, 2008

Melancholy

Another lazy morning... even the day seemed reluctant to get out of its blanket of clouds. A warm kicthen with a long oakwood table,ladenwith scrambled eggs, freshly baked pancakes and hot coffee seemed like a dream. The heat of the morning chitchat is missing to ignite the hearth. I whiled my morning, rummaging through old photographs,music and cards from friends and family. Have to finish some work before the close of the day, but just cant bring myself to it. Heart seems to be singing to a different tune, unmindful of the time flying past. It seems to have stuck in some place in the past. Almost like an age old mountain,watch moments come, strike a pose, get clicked and go away. Its oblivious of what weathering the time is bringing upon it. It keeps on humming a melody, in repeated loop, as if reminding me of something.Its very disconcerting. I feel too caught up in myself. like an image of me stuck in the mirror.Reason tells me that am already older than the image itself. but i keep staring. almost like a narcissist. As if its going to come to life and talk to me.
Someone will be home soon. To take me back from the illusion of the mirror to the image of his eyes...

No comments: